Sadness and Hope

Monday, March 1, 2010

Who knew this bottle could cause so much sadness and grief in one family. Did we not realize it when we were children? Did it just become worse as we became adults? We overlooked it for a long time, shoved it under the rug, turned the cheek and pretended everything was okay but inside and deep down we knew it wasn't.

It's been such an awakening to realize that our parents have an addiction. More so to admit it. Sadly, it's now left us estranged because the problem is not recognized on their end. Truly it's been painful for both my sister and I not to have parents in our life and for our children to not see their Granny and Pappy.

It has forever changed me. I feel as though I have been in a funk over the past four months, trying to not let it consume me with sadness and knowing I have had some of my innocence taken away. Not to be able to share with them all the wonderful things going on in our lives and how are children are growing. That being said - I feel the cloud is finally lifting! It has been truly freeing to acknowledge there's a problem and choose not to make it a part of our lives anymore.

0 comments:

Our Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones