I woke up yesterday morning and noticed that my eyes were puffy and swollen and I was a little swollen around my nose. Naturally any pregnant woman can expect some swelling but previously having pre-eclampsia, I took this seriously. We went about our day and got a lot done but I figured I would keep an eye on it to make sure everything was okay. I felt pretty sluggish too and noticed in the afternoon that the swelling really hadn't gone down so I decided to call my dr. I spoke to the dr. on call and she said more than likely because my blood pressure was normal that everything was fine but to be on the safe side, just come on in.
We learned from the last time the hard way to come prepared so we packed a bag for each of us and off to Labor and Delivery we went. They put me on the fetal monitor and checked my urine and did some bloodwork. All in all, the baby looked great for almost 25 weeks, my urine tested negative for protein and the other sample - the protein was so low it was incalculable which was great and finally all my bloodwork came back fine and there was no swelling in my feet or hands which was key.
We were so relieved that the baby and I were fine. They gave me a 24 hour urinalysis to do at home and we have to bring that back tonight. Crossing my fingers that everything comes back okay with that!I have to take it easy in between work which is not going to be easy for me as I am always on the go, but Bri was happy to hear that as he has been trying to tell me that for sometime!
A Little Scare
Monday, September 8, 2008
Posted by Lisa at 8:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment